Dramatic photos show the aftermath of a crash which saw a car plough into the front of a Romford flooring shop.

Floors-2u in Mawney Road was the scene of the crash yesterday evening (April 10) where a blue Citroen destroyed much of the shopfront.

The London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called at 6.21pm after a woman was reportedly trapped after the collision.

LFB attended and found she was not trapped, but a shop employee said the woman involved in the crash was in shock, as was a pedestrian who was reportedly inches away from being hit.

Charlotte Griffiths, 25, a salesperson at Floors-2u, said staff had to stay until 2am this morning (April 11) clearing the debris after the crash.

"It was all a bit crazy," Charlotte said. "She [the woman] was in an ambulance for an hour - she was very shocked and had whiplash.

Romford Recorder: A smashed window outside Floors2u on Mawney RoadA smashed window outside Floors2u on Mawney Road (Image: Charlotte Griffiths)

"We are just very happy and count ourselves lucky she didn't hit one of the pillars."

RELATED NEWS: St Andrews Romford church hall damaged by fire as LFB attend

The Metropolitan Police were called at 6.20pm, just a minute before LFB, to reports of a crash but made no arrests.

A woman was treated at the scene, the London Ambulance Service said, but was not taken to hospital.

Artur Cerkezi, 25, administrator at Lori Construction Limited, a business next door, witnessed the dramatic incident.

"I was surprised," Artur said. "What the hell happened?

"There was a lot of damage - the doors and the glass were shattered, so were a few of the shelves in the store."

Romford Recorder: Damage caused inside Floors2u after the crashDamage caused inside Floors2u after the crash (Image: Charlotte Griffiths)

The 25-year-old said he spotted at least ten emergency service vehicles that day and LFB confirmed it had sent at least three units.

Police, which also sent transport, have since confirmed Mawney Road has reopened after it was shut to facilitate the clean-up.

Charlotte, who enlisted family members to help deal with the emergency, said they expect to reopen on Saturday (April 13) morning.

"We are just glad no-one was in the store and no-one was hurt," Charlotte said. "Now we are trying to get things back to normal to make it safe.

"I'm just glad we can get back in here."