A Brentwood bar has "hindered" Essex Police's investigations into alleged fights outside the venue, the force has claimed.

A council meeting is set to review Pink's premises licence at a meeting on November 21.

Essex Police has said CCTV footage from three separate alleged incidents outside Pink in High Street on August 12, August 20 and September 2 was lost.

Multiple requests for information and CCTV records were either not responded to or were unhelpfully late, according to the force.

It also said it found that, on August 20, the premises had been operating past its licensable hours.

MORE NEWS: We tried crazy golf at BUNKERS! in Romford and it's a 'hole' lot of fun!

All three incidents occurred after midnight and the police are seeking as a minimum that for Friday and Saturday the closing time should be reduced from 12.45am to 12am.

On those days, it wants at least three SIA licensed door supervisors on duty at the premises from 9pm until at least 30 minutes after the premises has closed.

In a council report ahead of the November 21 meeting, police say in the early hours of August 12 they received a report of a fight outside Pink.

On arrival, they add they were told by security that people had become aggressive after being asked to leave on allegations of supplying drugs.

Police say there was little evidence of a fight from council CCTV, but that they asked for CCTV from Pink.

Reports of a large-scale fight in the high street were called in from the CCTV control room on August 20, the force said.

But police add when they arrived officers were told “all is okay as it was not a major incident”.

It was noted this call came in significantly after the closing time of the premises.

Police say the incident was initially thought not to be linked to Pink until a full investigation was completed showing that the “premises was the source of the fight and appeared to be still operating long after hours were concluded”.

MORE NEWS: Shocking video shows Romford car thief crash stolen vehicle into wall

In the early hours of September 2, the force said they received a call of a fight outside the venue. Officers attended at 12.15am but found no fight. However, they said that after speaking to a member of the public they were told there had been a fight but people dispersed when they heard sirens.

Police said they left only to be called back after further reports of fighting. Then they found an injured individual who required hospital treatment.

A request for CCTV for all three incidents was made, but police say they were told the system had been locked out possibly due to multiple incorrect passwords.

Further requests asking for sight of the CCTV recording were not supplied, according to the force. 

A follow-up message was sent on September 19 with a deadline of noon on September 25, the report said.

Police say no reply was received by this deadline but an email was received at 4.25pm explaining “that all CCTV records had been erased trying to regain access to the system".

A report as part of papers published ahead of the licensing meeting said: “Essex Police has concerns relating to issues regarding disorder linked to Pink. On August 12 2023, August 20 2023 and September 2 2023, police were called to deal with alleged incidents of persons fighting in or around the premises and the ineffectual actions of security and failures in management have hindered their ability to conduct a satisfactory investigation.

“Multiple requests to the premises licence holder and designated premises supervisor for information and CCTV records in accordance with conditions attached to his premises licence were either not responded to or were unhelpfully late.

"It was also later established that, on August 20, the premises had been operating past its licensable hours. It is the police contention that this culmination of concerns undermines the crime and disorder licensing objective.”

Pink has been asked for comment.