11 things you need to know about Romford Christmas ice rink which opens tonight
PUBLISHED: 14:57 18 November 2016 | UPDATED: 14:57 18 November 2016
PA Archive/PA Images
As Romford’s festive ice rink opens today, we’ve compiled a handy list of all the information you need to enjoy skating this season.
1. The covered ice rink will operate seven days a week until January 15 – except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day - in the Market Place, near the clocktower
2. 130 people will be able to go on the ice at a time, for an hour each
3. The first 10 people who buy tickets at the box office in the Market Place to skate TONIGHT from 6pm will win free tickets to Paradise Wildlife Park, Hertfordshire
4. Tonight, Romford’s former ice hockey team the Raiders, who play in the National Ice Hockey League, will be showing off their skills in the rink from 7pm – and the winners of a Time 107.5 FM competition will be able to join them!
5. The rink will be open to anyone over the age of four, with trained staff supervising skating at all times
6. There will be special rates for children’s organisations and groups wishing to book sessions on the ice for just £5 per child and adult supervisors skating for free.
7. Mayor of Havering Philippa Crowder will officially open the rink at 11.50am tomorrow, followed by a performance from the Birmingham Ice Freestylers on the ice at midday, and a singalong with Princess Elsa and her sister Anna
8. Get practising! The town’s permanent ice rink will open in May 2018 as part of a multi-million pound leisure centre in Western Road, Romford
9. Tickets can be bought from the box office in the market place, or online at www.romfordevents.co.uk
10. The ice rink will be open from midday to 9pm daily
11. Tickets cost £8.50 for adults, £6.50 for children and £25 for a family of four
So wrap up warm, and don’t forget to send you skating selfies to us @romfordrecorder!