�10,500 win for Romford’s Liz Godden in hospice lottery draw
This week a scout leader from Romford celebrated winning more than �10,000 in the biggest ever win on the St Francis Hospice lottery.
A few weeks ago Liz Godden saw a leaflet dropped through her door by an ambassadors from the Havering-atte-Bower hospice encouraging the public to sign up for the charity’s weekly lottery draw.
Liz had firsthand experience of the care provided by the hospice’s nurses when she visited a friend who had been diagnosed with cancer and was receiving treatment there. This encouraged her to sign up for a year of entries into the lottery.
“I still can’t believe it – I’ve only ever won a little bit on the premium bonds in the past,” said Liz, who scooped �10,500.
Liz, a leader with the 2nd Romford Scout group, immediately donated �1,500 back to St Francis Hospice and signed up for another number in the lottery for the next year and plans to buy some lighting equipment for her scout group.
You may also want to watch:
To play the lottery and help St Francis visit www.sfh.org.uk.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 8 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 9 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 10 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial