�10,500 win for Romford’s Liz Godden in hospice lottery draw
This week a scout leader from Romford celebrated winning more than �10,000 in the biggest ever win on the St Francis Hospice lottery.
A few weeks ago Liz Godden saw a leaflet dropped through her door by an ambassadors from the Havering-atte-Bower hospice encouraging the public to sign up for the charity’s weekly lottery draw.
Liz had firsthand experience of the care provided by the hospice’s nurses when she visited a friend who had been diagnosed with cancer and was receiving treatment there. This encouraged her to sign up for a year of entries into the lottery.
“I still can’t believe it – I’ve only ever won a little bit on the premium bonds in the past,” said Liz, who scooped �10,500.
Liz, a leader with the 2nd Romford Scout group, immediately donated �1,500 back to St Francis Hospice and signed up for another number in the lottery for the next year and plans to buy some lighting equipment for her scout group.
You may also want to watch:
To play the lottery and help St Francis visit www.sfh.org.uk.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood