�1,000 to find lad’s attackers in Harold Hill
THE FAMILY of a 15-year-old boy who was attacked by a gang of hooded thugs in Harold Hill have put up a �1,000 reward in an attempt to catch them.
Robert and Lisa Bedwell are appealing for help in finding the people responsible for attacking their son, Bobby, now 16, on September 24.
Robert, 38, said: “I want someone caught for what they did to my son and to get what they deserve.
“He really took a beating and it is something that is going to affect his whole life.”
Bobby, from Barking, was walking home with five friends near Leigh Drive, Harold Hill, when he was set upon by the cowardly gang brandishing baseball bats and a lump of wood.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the group managed to escape without serious injuries, but Bobby was knocked out and had to be taken to Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, Romford, with serious head injuries.
Doctors spent three days working to repair his broken jaw and cheekbone, a two-inch long gash to the back of his head and his smashed teeth.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
The attack has resulted in Bobby loosing the peripheral vision in his left eye and fragments of jawbone are embedded in his gums.
Robert said: “It has been absolutely heartbreaking.
“Every time I look at my son and you look into his eyes you can just see that he is hurting and it is outrageous that he was just walking along the road minding his own business and somebody can do something so terrible to him.”
In November the family released shocking pictures showing the injuries inflicted on Bobby in the attack – in which �5 and a mobile phone were stolen – but no-one has yet come forward.
Since then Bobby has been given false teeth which he can use until he is allowed to have implants when he is 18.
But the implants will depend on the amount of bone fragments he has left in his gums.
Robert said: “Bobby is slowly coming to terms with what happened but it has affected his whole life.
“He used to love playing football and was so outgoing and bubbly, but now he has to be careful because he could hurt his teeth and he is just a different person.”
He added: “I know there are people out there who know who did this. I just want them to come forward because how would they feel if it was their son or daughter that this had happened to?”