Video: Romford answers - why I wear a poppy
- Credit: citizenside.com
Out and about in Romford town centre this week, lots of people were wearing poppies. We spoke to some about what it means to them.
A variety of Remembrance events are taking place across Havering this Sunday. Here is a selection:
Romford: Parade from Western Road to Coronation Gardens at 10.30am, followed by a service at the war memorial starting at 10.55am.
Upminster: Parade at 10.40am from the Upminster and Cranham Royal British Legion,in St Mary’s Lane, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place.
Hornchurch: A parade at 10.15am from the car park by Mecca Bingo, High Street, to the war memorial. A service will take place in St Andrew’s Church at 11.15am.
You may also want to watch:
Elm Park: A two-minute silence will be observed at 11am at the Elm Park Royal British Legion, Maylands Avenue, followed by a parade to St Nicholas Church. The Legion is hosting a fundraising auction afterwards.
Harold Hill: At 11am, a two-minute silence will be observed at the war memorial. This will be followed by a parade to St George’s Church Centre, where a short service will take place.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
Harold Wood: A service will be held at the Memorial Hall, in Gubbins Lane, at 10.45am. This will be followed by a short parade to St Peter’s Church.
Rainham: There will be a parade at 10.15am from the Working Men’s Club, Upminster Road South, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place at 10.50am.
Armistice Day, Tuesday
At 10.45am, there will be a service held in the Market Place, Romford (between the Lloyds and Co-op banks)