Video: Romford answers - why I wear a poppy
- Credit: citizenside.com
Out and about in Romford town centre this week, lots of people were wearing poppies. We spoke to some about what it means to them.
A variety of Remembrance events are taking place across Havering this Sunday. Here is a selection:
Romford: Parade from Western Road to Coronation Gardens at 10.30am, followed by a service at the war memorial starting at 10.55am.
Upminster: Parade at 10.40am from the Upminster and Cranham Royal British Legion,in St Mary’s Lane, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place.
Hornchurch: A parade at 10.15am from the car park by Mecca Bingo, High Street, to the war memorial. A service will take place in St Andrew’s Church at 11.15am.
Elm Park: A two-minute silence will be observed at 11am at the Elm Park Royal British Legion, Maylands Avenue, followed by a parade to St Nicholas Church. The Legion is hosting a fundraising auction afterwards.
Harold Hill: At 11am, a two-minute silence will be observed at the war memorial. This will be followed by a parade to St George’s Church Centre, where a short service will take place.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 3 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 4 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 5 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 6 'Irreversible stress': Nearly 2,000 oppose move to suspend Cranham and Upminster midwifery service
- 7 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 8 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 9 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
Harold Wood: A service will be held at the Memorial Hall, in Gubbins Lane, at 10.45am. This will be followed by a short parade to St Peter’s Church.
Rainham: There will be a parade at 10.15am from the Working Men’s Club, Upminster Road South, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place at 10.50am.
Armistice Day, Tuesday
At 10.45am, there will be a service held in the Market Place, Romford (between the Lloyds and Co-op banks)