Video: Romford answers - why I wear a poppy
- Credit: citizenside.com
Out and about in Romford town centre this week, lots of people were wearing poppies. We spoke to some about what it means to them.
A variety of Remembrance events are taking place across Havering this Sunday. Here is a selection:
Romford: Parade from Western Road to Coronation Gardens at 10.30am, followed by a service at the war memorial starting at 10.55am.
Upminster: Parade at 10.40am from the Upminster and Cranham Royal British Legion,in St Mary’s Lane, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place.
Hornchurch: A parade at 10.15am from the car park by Mecca Bingo, High Street, to the war memorial. A service will take place in St Andrew’s Church at 11.15am.
You may also want to watch:
Elm Park: A two-minute silence will be observed at 11am at the Elm Park Royal British Legion, Maylands Avenue, followed by a parade to St Nicholas Church. The Legion is hosting a fundraising auction afterwards.
Harold Hill: At 11am, a two-minute silence will be observed at the war memorial. This will be followed by a parade to St George’s Church Centre, where a short service will take place.
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Fundraiser launched for £1,500 to buy Elm Park defibrillator
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 8 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 9 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 10 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
Harold Wood: A service will be held at the Memorial Hall, in Gubbins Lane, at 10.45am. This will be followed by a short parade to St Peter’s Church.
Rainham: There will be a parade at 10.15am from the Working Men’s Club, Upminster Road South, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place at 10.50am.
Armistice Day, Tuesday
At 10.45am, there will be a service held in the Market Place, Romford (between the Lloyds and Co-op banks)