Remembrance Day 2019: Veterans, youth groups and residents pay tribute to fallen soldiers in Upminster
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of residents joined a Remembrance Day parade through the streets of Upminster on Sunday, November 10.
The Essex Caledonian Band from the Upminster branch of the Royal British Legion led the Remembrance Day parade at 10.40am.
This was followed by a service at the war memorial in Corbets Tey Road.
Keiron Trebilcoe, trustee of the Hornchurch Drum & Trumpet corps, told the Recorder: "It was a well attended event with many local youth groups and veterans joining hundreds of local people in the march.
"Once again the weather was lovely and bright for the remembrance service.
You may also want to watch:
"The Last post played by Richard Sawyer from the Hornchurch Drum & Trumpet Corps and the two-minute silence was observed by all as the banners and flags of the legion and other gathered groups were lowered."
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 9 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array