Romford Pictures: ‘Thousands’ join in fun at Rainham Village Fayre
- Credit: Archant
Morris dancers, a circus act and artists were among the village fair attractions that “thousands” of people came to enjoy in the holiday sun.
The annual May bank holiday event, the Rainham Village Fayre, had a wide range of stalls from art shows, food stores and craft stalls.
Roger Norrington, vice-chair of organisers Rainham Association for Village Events (Rave), said: “We were pleased to see so many people.
See the picture gallery to the right.
“Everybody seemed to enjoy the event and we couldn’t have asked for better weather.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the course of the day a few thousand people must have visited.”
The Rainham audiences were treated to performances from the Hornchurch Morris dancing troop the Royal Liberty and the National Trust were at hand to explain the coming renovations to Rainham Hall thanks to lottery funding.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 4 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 5 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 10 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
Throughout the day stilt walkers entertained the children and a stall promoted fair trade goods.
Mr Norrington is looking for volunteers with “fresh ideas” to join the Rave team.
For more information visit rainhamevents.weebly.com
Romford Pictures: Boris Johnson sweeps through Romford town centreRomford Pictures: Family fun day aims to raise money for brave Hornchurch girl battling cancerRomford Pictures: Classic cars queue outside Queen’s Theatre for The Great Gatsby