Romford Pictures: ‘Thousands’ join in fun at Rainham Village Fayre
- Credit: Archant
Morris dancers, a circus act and artists were among the village fair attractions that “thousands” of people came to enjoy in the holiday sun.
The annual May bank holiday event, the Rainham Village Fayre, had a wide range of stalls from art shows, food stores and craft stalls.
Roger Norrington, vice-chair of organisers Rainham Association for Village Events (Rave), said: “We were pleased to see so many people.
See the picture gallery to the right.
“Everybody seemed to enjoy the event and we couldn’t have asked for better weather.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the course of the day a few thousand people must have visited.”
The Rainham audiences were treated to performances from the Hornchurch Morris dancing troop the Royal Liberty and the National Trust were at hand to explain the coming renovations to Rainham Hall thanks to lottery funding.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 3 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 7 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 9 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 10 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
Throughout the day stilt walkers entertained the children and a stall promoted fair trade goods.
Mr Norrington is looking for volunteers with “fresh ideas” to join the Rave team.
For more information visit rainhamevents.weebly.com
Romford Pictures: Boris Johnson sweeps through Romford town centreRomford Pictures: Family fun day aims to raise money for brave Hornchurch girl battling cancerRomford Pictures: Classic cars queue outside Queen’s Theatre for The Great Gatsby