Romford Pictures: Exhibition celebrating history of Romford Market launches
- Credit: Archant
An attraction celebrating a historical site which dates back hundreds of years was unveiled on Saturday.
Havering Museum launched Romford Market: Historical Heart of the Town, an exhibition chronicling the market’s story from its origins in the 13th century to its role today.
The display was officially opened by the mayor of Havering, Cllr Linda Trew.
Matthew Abel, exhibitions team leader at the museum, in High Street, Romford, said: “Romford Market has been a part of local life for so long and our visitors love to share their memories of it with us.
“Condensing 768 years of history into one exhibition has not been easy, but we hope it will be well received.”
You may also want to watch:
The display will run until March 28 and normal admission prices apply.
For more information, call 01708 766571 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly