Remembrance Day: Soldiers to be commemorated at borough-wide services
- Credit: Archant
The community will come together today to commemorate the soldiers of all conflicts who have served our country.
Havering is hosting services to remember both those who came home – and those who did not.
They are as follows:
Romford: Parade from Western Road to Coronation Gardens at 10.30am, followed by a service at the war memorial starting at 10.55am.
Upminster: Parade at 10.40am from the Upminster and Cranham Royal British Legion, in St Mary’s Lane, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place.
Hornchurch: A parade at 10.15am from the car park by Mecca Bingo, High Street, to the war memorial. A service will take place in St Andrew’s Church at 11.15am.
Elm Park: A two-minute silence will be observed at 11am at the Elm Park Royal British Legion, Maylands Avenue, followed by a parade to St Nicholas Church. The Legion is hosting a fundraising auction afterwards.
- 1 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 2 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 Proposal to demolish Hornchurch bungalow to build four-bed house
- 5 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
- 6 Town Hall cleaner feels 'failed' as he remains homeless for third month
- 7 'When it’s hot, it’s a sauna’: Residents rally against scaffolding on Romford apartment building
- 8 Hornchurch medical centre temporarily shut after legionella bacteria found
- 9 'Wall is going to give': Leaky shower wreaks havoc in Harold Hill home as family await further repairs
- 10 'It felt like a dream': Upminster headteacher attends Queen's Garden Party
Harold Hill: At 11am, a two-minute silence will be observed at the war memorial. This will be followed by a parade to St George’s Church Centre, where a short service will take place.
Harold Wood: A service will be held at the Memorial Hall, in Gubbins Lane, at 10.45am. This will be followed by a short parade to St Peter’s Church.
Rainham: There will be a parade at 10.15am from the Working Men’s Club, Upminster Road South, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place at 10.50am.
The Recorder will be reporting from the Romford and Elm Park services. Keep an eye on the website for coverage throughout the day.