Remembrance Day: Soldiers to be commemorated at borough-wide services
- Credit: Archant
The community will come together today to commemorate the soldiers of all conflicts who have served our country.
Havering is hosting services to remember both those who came home – and those who did not.
They are as follows:
Romford: Parade from Western Road to Coronation Gardens at 10.30am, followed by a service at the war memorial starting at 10.55am.
Upminster: Parade at 10.40am from the Upminster and Cranham Royal British Legion, in St Mary’s Lane, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch: A parade at 10.15am from the car park by Mecca Bingo, High Street, to the war memorial. A service will take place in St Andrew’s Church at 11.15am.
Elm Park: A two-minute silence will be observed at 11am at the Elm Park Royal British Legion, Maylands Avenue, followed by a parade to St Nicholas Church. The Legion is hosting a fundraising auction afterwards.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Harold Hill: At 11am, a two-minute silence will be observed at the war memorial. This will be followed by a parade to St George’s Church Centre, where a short service will take place.
Harold Wood: A service will be held at the Memorial Hall, in Gubbins Lane, at 10.45am. This will be followed by a short parade to St Peter’s Church.
Rainham: There will be a parade at 10.15am from the Working Men’s Club, Upminster Road South, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place at 10.50am.
The Recorder will be reporting from the Romford and Elm Park services. Keep an eye on the website for coverage throughout the day.