Remembrance Day: Soldiers to be commemorated at borough-wide services
- Credit: Archant
The community will come together today to commemorate the soldiers of all conflicts who have served our country.
Havering is hosting services to remember both those who came home – and those who did not.
They are as follows:
Romford: Parade from Western Road to Coronation Gardens at 10.30am, followed by a service at the war memorial starting at 10.55am.
Upminster: Parade at 10.40am from the Upminster and Cranham Royal British Legion, in St Mary’s Lane, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch: A parade at 10.15am from the car park by Mecca Bingo, High Street, to the war memorial. A service will take place in St Andrew’s Church at 11.15am.
Elm Park: A two-minute silence will be observed at 11am at the Elm Park Royal British Legion, Maylands Avenue, followed by a parade to St Nicholas Church. The Legion is hosting a fundraising auction afterwards.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project
Harold Hill: At 11am, a two-minute silence will be observed at the war memorial. This will be followed by a parade to St George’s Church Centre, where a short service will take place.
Harold Wood: A service will be held at the Memorial Hall, in Gubbins Lane, at 10.45am. This will be followed by a short parade to St Peter’s Church.
Rainham: There will be a parade at 10.15am from the Working Men’s Club, Upminster Road South, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place at 10.50am.
The Recorder will be reporting from the Romford and Elm Park services. Keep an eye on the website for coverage throughout the day.