Remembrance Day: Soldiers to be commemorated at borough-wide services
- Credit: Archant
The community will come together today to commemorate the soldiers of all conflicts who have served our country.
Havering is hosting services to remember both those who came home – and those who did not.
They are as follows:
Romford: Parade from Western Road to Coronation Gardens at 10.30am, followed by a service at the war memorial starting at 10.55am.
Upminster: Parade at 10.40am from the Upminster and Cranham Royal British Legion, in St Mary’s Lane, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch: A parade at 10.15am from the car park by Mecca Bingo, High Street, to the war memorial. A service will take place in St Andrew’s Church at 11.15am.
Elm Park: A two-minute silence will be observed at 11am at the Elm Park Royal British Legion, Maylands Avenue, followed by a parade to St Nicholas Church. The Legion is hosting a fundraising auction afterwards.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 8 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
Harold Hill: At 11am, a two-minute silence will be observed at the war memorial. This will be followed by a parade to St George’s Church Centre, where a short service will take place.
Harold Wood: A service will be held at the Memorial Hall, in Gubbins Lane, at 10.45am. This will be followed by a short parade to St Peter’s Church.
Rainham: There will be a parade at 10.15am from the Working Men’s Club, Upminster Road South, to the war memorial, where a short service will take place at 10.50am.
The Recorder will be reporting from the Romford and Elm Park services. Keep an eye on the website for coverage throughout the day.