Property spotlight: Flats sell for under £300,000 on this Collier Row street
- Credit: Chantelle Billson
A Collier Row street has seen five properties sell over the last year, with the cheapest costing £125,000.
According to Rightmove, five properties on Chelmsford Avenue have sold in the last year, with the most recent being three flats in January for £240,000, £270,00 and £125,000.
In September last year, a two-bed flat sold for £265,000 and another sold in August for £5,000 more.
The property website says homes in Chelmsford Avenue sold for an average price of £239,083 over the last year, with the majority of sales being flats for an average price of £234,000.
Semi-detached houses sold for an average of £264,500 during this same period.
Overall sold prices were down 15 per cent on the previous year and 11pc down on the 2018 peak of £270,000.
The road is near to the Aspen Tree pub and a strip of shops including a hair and beauty salon.
- 1 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 2 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
- 3 Man, 52, found with head injuries in Hornchurch
- 4 Unvaccinated patients may need to take Covid tests for hospital appointments as cases rise
- 5 Green light for four-storey residential-commercial buildings to replace old NatWest and Beresfords in Upminster
- 6 Teen taken to hospital as 'priority' after being stabbed in Rainham
- 7 'Absolutely disgusting': 'Design defect' blamed for Harold Wood fountain repeatedly breaking
- 8 Romford theatre company celebrates 60 years with Shakespeare park performance
- 9 Application to open Papa John's takeaway in Hornchurch
- 10 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
Collier Row Road has a plethora of shops, eateries and amenities and is around a 10-minute walk from Chelmsford Avenue.