7 of the cheapest streets in each east London borough
- Credit: PA
With house prices hitting record highs across the capital this year and the cost-of-living soaring, hopeful homebuyers will be looking to bag a bargain.
We looked at the average prices of properties in Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham and Tower Hamlets to find the cheapest streets and estates in each area.
Prices are based on all property sales between 2017 and 2021, where there have been five sales or more on a road.
Redbridge has some of the lowest-cost homes in east London. Average house prices at Golding Court in Ilford cost a little over £100,000 - that makes it the cheapest place to buy a home in the five boroughs on our list.
1. Golding Court, £103,100
2. Cunningham Close, £122,375
- 1 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 2 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 4 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 5 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 6 'It felt like a dream': Upminster headteacher attends Queen's Garden Party
- 7 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 9 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Romford SEND academy asks to change timber cladding for durable alternative
3. Roden Street, £124,153
4. Morland Road, £131,219
5. Blacksmiths Close, £148,400
6. Limewood Court, £170,952
7. Village Way, £178,450
Another cheap place to buy a property is in Newham, where on the borough's cheapest street - Viking Gardens - the average home costs £107,796.
Viking Gardens is the second cheapest street on our list.
1. Viking Gardens, £107,796
2. Pontoon Reach, £119,375
3. Albion Way, £135,000
4. Regalia Close, £153,591
5. North Woolwich Road, £175,021
6. Lindwood Close, £176,700
7. Armada Way, £186,566
Havering also has some cheap properties for sale, with the average home priced at £110,900 at Holly Court - the third-cheapest street out of the five boroughs listed.
1. Holly Court, £110,900
2. Holmeoak Avenue, £111,625
3. Broadis Way, £113,250
4. Goodwin Way, £135,714
5. Firwood Lane, £146,090
6. Chapel Lodge, £160,722
7. Vignoles Road, £165,722
Barking and Dagenham
There are cheaper streets in both Barking and Dagenham to nab a property.
1. Fielders Crescent – Barking, £119,418
2. Portland Close – Dagenham, £136,800
3. Tudor Parade – Dagenham, £155,833
4. Mizzen Street – Barking, £158,313
5. Gosfield Road – Dagenham, £170,000
6. Moore Crescent – Dagenham, £174,700
7. Axe Street – Barking, £175,429
Out of the five boroughs analysed, average house prices in Tower Hamlets are higher, starting with around £165,000.
1. Dominion Walk, £165,987
2. Harston Walk, £176,025
3. Schoolhouse Lane, £188,480
4. Navigation Road, £188,656
5. Burcham Street, £214,000
6. Taylor Place, £215,500
7. Leopold Street, £236,071