Police car crashes outside of Hornchurch station
- Credit: Archant
A police car crashed with a 4x4 pick up truck outside of Hornchurch train station on Saturday morning.
The incident happened at around 7.30am in Station Lane on Saturday (February 24).
According to a police spokeswoman the emergency response vehicle collided with a 4x4 pick up truck.
They said that PC in the vehicle was checked over at Queen’s Hospital in Romford before later being discharged before the end of their shift.
The spokeswoman said that the officer suffered bruising and minor injuries and said that the other party involved in the crash was not injured.
Nicky Cook, 38, of Straight Road, Romford said that he was getting off the bus and was going onto the underground when he saw the incident.
He said: “I saw it as I was getting off the bus, I didn’t see what happened.
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 4 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 5 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 6 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
- 7 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 8 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 9 NEU brands restructure 'detrimental' while trust says union 'not putting pupils first': Harold Hill school strikes resume
- 10 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
“I was just concerned about whoever had been involved in the crash and hoped that they were okay.”