Bretons Manor becomes filming location for sci-fi movie
- Credit: Nigel Blythe
A sci-fi movie currently in production has been spied filming scenes at Bretons Manor.
The Grade II-listed manor house has been confirmed as a location for film Dream Hacker, which centres around a science prodigy with five PHDs.
Starring the likes of Glynis Barber, Molly Hanson and Mark Williams, IMDB lists Clear Sky Cinema as the production company.
Nigel Blythe, who is on the committee at Bretons Manor, confirmed the cast and crew were on set on April 20.
He told the Recorder the opportunity came about through a phone call made a couple of weeks ago.
Describing the day as "enjoyable", Nigel admitted to keeping out of the cast's way as they went about their day's work.
Nigel hopes this unexpected chance to show off the beauty of Bretons Manor isn't a one-off.
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 4 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 5 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 6 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
- 7 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 8 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 9 NEU brands restructure 'detrimental' while trust says union 'not putting pupils first': Harold Hill school strikes resume
- 10 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
"Hopefully there will be more calls [from production companies]," he said.
A release date for Dream Hacker is yet to be confirmed.