Celebrate Queen's Platinum Jubilee with souvenir magazine
- Credit: Archant
To celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee this summer we've produced a special souvenir magazine.
Our Queen's Platinum Reign charts the national treasure's stunning 70 year reign.
It tells the story of her service to the country in 164 pages of pictures and tributes. It looks back on the great state occasions and events that have shaped the world since King George VI passed away at Sandringham on February 6, 1952.
The special publication also features pictures of her visits to places across London in more recent times.
Michael Adkins, Senior Group Editor, said: "The Queen's 70 year reign is a tremendous achievement, unlikely to ever be matched.
"It's quite right we celebrate this milestone and honour her selfless and unwavering service to this country for seven decades.
"Our Queen's Platinum Reign is a must-read for any royal fan, history enthusiast or patriotic reader."
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 2 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 3 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 4 'It felt like a dream': Upminster headteacher attends Queen's Garden Party
- 5 'Dangerous' congestion: Harold Wood school's bid to ease 'highway safety issue' with new access gate
- 6 Romford SEND academy asks to change timber cladding for durable alternative
- 7 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 8 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
- 9 Town Hall cleaner feels 'failed' as he remains homeless for third month
- 10 'Wall is going to give': Leaky shower wreaks havoc in Harold Hill home as family await further repairs
When the Queen acceded the throne, a house cost £1,600, few homes had a fridge or TV.
So much has changed between then and now. We now take technology which could hardly have been dreamed of at the start of her reign for granted, like mobile phones or computers.
This publication walks you through seven decades of history, matched with touching glimpses of family life and the Queen relaxing.
Our Queen's Platinum Reign is proudly sponsored by Ascotts Group.
Andy Ascott, Director of Ascotts Group Limited, said: "Sponsoring Our Queen's Platinum Reign was an opportunity we couldn't miss!
"Since 1980, Ascotts have been supporting another British icon, the famous London black taxi.
"The black taxi was born in 1897 when the Queen's great-great grandmother, Queen Victoria was on the throne.
"Starting out as horse-drawn carriages, they have evolved into ultra-modern, electric vehicles which are British made."
You can be one of the first to own this special Our Queen's Platinum Reign souvenir magazine for just £9.99.
To find out more and order online, go to www.gblshop.co.uk/jubilee
Find shops stocking the magazine near you by heading over to seymour.co.uk/storefinder/. Select 'Our Queens Platinum Reign' from the drop-down menu along with your postcode and radius.
If you have any memories of the Queen, have held street parties to celebrate her reign over the years or are planning anything to celebrate over the June bank holiday please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance and send pictures of your celebrations over the weekend to the same email.