Havering Remembrance Day 2013: List of services
- Credit: Archant
Services are being held across Havering leading up to Remembrance Day to commemorate members of the armed forces who have died in the line of duty.
The Recorder will have photographers out and about to capture events, which will be attended by veterans, scout and guide groups and local dignitaries.
If you would like to submit photos, please email them in large resolution to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Sunday November 10, there will be a parade from Western Road to Coronation Gardens at 10:30am. This will be followed by a service at the war memorial in Coronation Gardens at 10:55am.
You may also want to watch:
A parade will take place on Sunday November 10 at 10:15am from the car park by Mecca Bingo, High Street, to the war memorial. A short wreath laying service will take place at 10:40am, followed by a service in St Andrew’s Church at 11:15am.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood
On Sunday November 10 the two-minute silence will be observed at 11am at Elm Park Royal British Legion, Maylands Avenue, before a parade to St Nicholas Church for a service starting at 11:15am.
There will be a service on Sunday November 10 at 10:40am at The Good Shepherd Church in Collier Row Lane.
On Sunday November 10 there will be a parade at 10:40am from Upminster and Cranham Royal British Legion in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster, to the war memorial where a short service will take place at 11:00am. This will be followed by a service at 11:10am at St Laurence Parish Church in Corbets Tey Road.
There will be a parade on Sunday November 10 from Saint George’s Church Centre, Chippenham Road, to the war memorial at 10:30am. This will be followed by a service at the war memorial.
On Sunday November 10 there will be a parade at 10:15am from the Working Men’s Club, Upminster Road South, to the war memorial where a short service will be held.
A service will be held in the Memorial Hall in Gubbins Lane at 10:30am on Sunday November 10. This will be followed by a short parade to St Peter’s Church, where a service will be held.
On Monday 11 November at 10.45am, there will be a service organised by the Royal Naval Association and the Royal British Legion held at the western end of Romford Market between the Lloyds and Co-op banks.