Havering Museum loves its �9,900 Lottery grant
Money will pay for “I Heart History” project
LOVE for history is the order of the day at Havering Museum after it won a �9,900 Lottery grant.
The grant will allow the museum, in The Brewery Gate, High Street, Romford, to run “I Heart History” up until May next year, a project which celebrates ordinary people’s love for the past.
Volunteers will record and tell the story of how a group of historians and residents got together to fight for the museum and a postcard survey invites members of the public to say why they “heart” history.
Adults are being treated to a selection of lunchtime history lectures about the local area.
You may also want to watch:
For children, the past is being linked to the future as they get involved in a series of workshops designing a futuristic museum.
The best designs will be displayed in the museum for a year.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 7 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 8 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 9 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
The museum’s outreach officer Michelle Johansen said: “We’re so pleased to have this additional funding from Heritage Lottery as it allows Havering Museum to fulfill one of its key aims – to fun lively and engaging activities aimed at a wide range of users, of all ages and abilities.
For more information visit www.haveringmuseum.org.uk or call 08452 707 737.
The museum is open Wednesday to Friday 12pm to 5pm and between 11am and 5pm on Saturday.