Havering Museum loves its �9,900 Lottery grant
Money will pay for “I Heart History” project
LOVE for history is the order of the day at Havering Museum after it won a �9,900 Lottery grant.
The grant will allow the museum, in The Brewery Gate, High Street, Romford, to run “I Heart History” up until May next year, a project which celebrates ordinary people’s love for the past.
Volunteers will record and tell the story of how a group of historians and residents got together to fight for the museum and a postcard survey invites members of the public to say why they “heart” history.
Adults are being treated to a selection of lunchtime history lectures about the local area.
For children, the past is being linked to the future as they get involved in a series of workshops designing a futuristic museum.
The best designs will be displayed in the museum for a year.
- 1 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
- 2 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 3 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 4 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 5 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 6 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 7 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 8 Hundreds oppose Harold Wood scheme to stop cars driving around schools at peak times
- 9 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 10 Permission granted for streetlights along footpath to hospital
The museum’s outreach officer Michelle Johansen said: “We’re so pleased to have this additional funding from Heritage Lottery as it allows Havering Museum to fulfill one of its key aims – to fun lively and engaging activities aimed at a wide range of users, of all ages and abilities.
For more information visit www.haveringmuseum.org.uk or call 08452 707 737.
The museum is open Wednesday to Friday 12pm to 5pm and between 11am and 5pm on Saturday.