Harold Hill Motown fan, 12, aspires to sing to thousands
- Credit: Janine Clarke
A Harold Hill boy, who shot to fame in Fuerteventura after singing Motown hits at a pub, has said he aspires to perform at his own concert.
Kai Parillon, 12, has attended The Academy in Hornchurch since the age of five.
He said the performing arts school is where he discovered he liked “singing even more than acting”.
Wanting to forge his own brand, Kai said he doesn't want to be a cover singer.
“Right now, I call myself the singer of the soul,” said the avid Motown fan, whose favourite song is “anything by The Jackson 5”.
“My parent’s never played Motown around me, but I found the music and feel like it is the path I am meant to lead.
“It makes me feel at home when I listen to it and it makes me feel happy," said Kai, who dreams of one day singing to "thousands of people" at his own concert.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 5 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 6 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 7 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 10 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement