Happy Chinese New Year! Romford to hold performance in town centre
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Anyone looking for a way to mark the start of the Chinese New Year should head down to Romford town centre tomorrow for a special performance.
Today is the Lunar New Year as well as the start of the Chinese Year of the Horse which is one of 12 animals in the Chinese zodiac.
To get you in the party spirit, there will be a performance at Romford Shopping Hall, in Market Place, Romford at 11am.
On offer are dancers and drummers who come will be dressed up as lions and dragons.
The year of the horse is predicted by Chinese astrologers to be a year full of conflicts, which will increase in severity as the year goes on.
You may also want to watch:
It will also be a year where people stick to their principles.
Anyone with their own business is going to well, according to Feng Shui experts, especially anyone working in agriculture - but will be a bad year for any fishermen out there.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 9 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
On the flip side, house prices are expected to soar.
If your Chinese zodiac is the horse then this is going to be a tense year with lots of pressure on your personal life so self-reflection is recommended.
Are you celebrating Chinese New Year? Let us know by tweeting us @romfordrecorder, email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3826.