Happy Chinese New Year! Romford to hold performance in town centre
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Anyone looking for a way to mark the start of the Chinese New Year should head down to Romford town centre tomorrow for a special performance.
Today is the Lunar New Year as well as the start of the Chinese Year of the Horse which is one of 12 animals in the Chinese zodiac.
To get you in the party spirit, there will be a performance at Romford Shopping Hall, in Market Place, Romford at 11am.
On offer are dancers and drummers who come will be dressed up as lions and dragons.
The year of the horse is predicted by Chinese astrologers to be a year full of conflicts, which will increase in severity as the year goes on.
You may also want to watch:
It will also be a year where people stick to their principles.
Anyone with their own business is going to well, according to Feng Shui experts, especially anyone working in agriculture - but will be a bad year for any fishermen out there.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
On the flip side, house prices are expected to soar.
If your Chinese zodiac is the horse then this is going to be a tense year with lots of pressure on your personal life so self-reflection is recommended.
Are you celebrating Chinese New Year? Let us know by tweeting us @romfordrecorder, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3826.