Ex West Ham football stars at Romford retro fair
It’ll be a dream come true for West Ham fans later this month when three Wembley Cup heroes come together for a special retro football fair in Romford.
The trio – Alan Devonshire, Billy Jennings and Brian Dear – will be guests of honour at the West Ham Retro Fair and Forum on Sunday October 30 at the Romford United Services and Social Club, in Mawney Road.
Hammers fans will be able to meet the heroes - who each won Wembley Cup winners’ medals for the club between 1960 and 1990 - at the fourth annual fair organised by retro magazine publisher Football World.
The show, which kicks off at 12pm, will feature stalls selling rare signed Hammers memorabilia, old photos, sought-after programmes, books, DVDs, magazines, trade cards and badges.
There will also be a question and answer session with the players from 1pm to 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser and EX-Hammers magazine editor Tony McDonald said: “West Ham United have only been to six Wembley cup finals in their 111-year history, so to have one playing member from three of those triumphant teams join us in Romford on October 30 is very pleasing.
“Apart from the trio of ex-player guests we’ve already announced, we’re also expecting several other former Hammers to call in at the show during the course of the afternoon, so supporters should bring along their cameras and autograph books. They might well enjoy some nice surprises.”
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 6 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 9 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
The venue has a licensed bar and food. Tickets are �10 advance or �12 on the door.
To book, call 01708 744 333 or visit www.ex-hammers.com