Charity re-release Havering Royal visit DVD for Queen’s Jubliee
A charity is celebrating The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee by re-releasing its hour-long DVD of the Royal visit to Havering.
Her Majesty and Prince Philip toured the borough in March 2003, and the video, by EastWard Hospital Television (ETV), documents the royal visit to Queen’s Theatre, in Billet Lane, Hornchurch; Community House, in Western Road; Romford Market; and Redden Court School, in Cotswold Road, Harold Wood.
Fred Curtis, chairman of ETV, said: “We made the DVD to celebrate The Queen’s Golden Jubilee and we thought it would be a good way to help celebrate her Diamond this year by bringing it out again.”
The trip was sparked when a Redden Court schoolboy, George Barlow, wrote a letter requesting that she pay a visit to Havering to mark her Golden Jubilee Celebrations.
Upon The Queen’s visit, pupils at Redden Court held a short concert showing work that had been achieved within the local environment.
You may also want to watch:
The Recorder sponsored the DVD when it was first filmed and are continuing to do so as it is instrumental in bringing much needed funds to support the registered charity.
The DVD is narrated by David Jacobs CBE, who is a well-known broadcaster and TV celebrity.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 7 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 8 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
“Peter Gardener was Mayor at the time of the recording and it did sell really well when we first released it so we are hoping it will this time round,” said Mr Curtis
ETV produces ‘Essex in Vision’ - seen by more than 60 local care and community homes - and is a member of the Hospital Broadcasting Association.
ETV as part of Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations is offering a free copy of the DVD to the first 10 people who ring their hotline number.
All requests made afterward will be honoured for �11.99 including of postage, packing and handling.
All the proceeds received from the sales will be given to ETV Charity.
You can visit their website at www.etv.talktalk.net or call their hotline number on 01708 343123.