Dagenham & Redbridge centre-back Magnus Okuonghae happy to be back playing
12:00 01 December 2016
©TGS Photo tgsphoto.co.uk +44 1376 553468
Daggers defender played first game in eight months last weekend
Magnus Okuonghae says it’s good to be back playing after joining Dagenham & Redbridge on a short-term deal last week.
The centre-back is back at Victoria Road for a second spell after agreeing an initial contract until January 2.
The 30-year-old has started both games since arriving, against both Barrow and Torquay United which ended in defeats.
And though Okuonghae is disappointed he is yet to end on the winning side, he is just happy to be playing again after a summer without a club.
“I’ve been training with the boys for a while and the gaffer and I have kept the dialogue open so I think it was only a matter of time before I signed,” he said.
“I’m delighted and I was ready when asked to play. I’m frustrated with the way the two games have gone in terms of results, but I’m delighted to be back and playing football again.”
Tuesday’s 1-0 loss at home to Torquay was a second defeat in just four days for Daggers.
The result saw the Essex slip out of the play-off places in the National League, and Okuonghae knows Daggers did enough to win the match.
“The boys are devastated and I feel like we created enough to get on top, but the more chances that go amiss, the away team get a lift and when they get a goal, you’re chasing the game which is always tough.
“We did enough to warrant getting something out of the game, so we’re disappointed.”