Search

Youth group leader suffers multiple burns in accident at Stubbers Adventure Centre in Upminster

PUBLISHED: 10:14 14 July 2017 | UPDATED: 10:28 14 July 2017

The accident happened at Stubbers Adventure Centre. Picture: John Hercock

The accident happened at Stubbers Adventure Centre. Picture: John Hercock

Archant

A youth group leader suffered multiple burns at Stubbers Adventure Centre after a gas camp stove he was operating caught fire.

The accident happened at the centre, in Ockendon Road, Upminster, on Friday, July 7, in front of horrified children but fortunately first responders were on the scene immediately and provided the injured man with medical treatment until emergency services arrived.

He required hospital treatment but is expected to make a full recovery from his injuries and luckily no other people were hurt in the accident.

A spokesman for Stubbers said the stove, which was brought to the centre by the youth group, “is thought to have developed a leak and caught fire although this will need clarification by the emergency services”.

“Stubbers Adventure Centre staff will continue to provide every support possible to those involved and would like to thank the emergency services for their exceptionally swift response.”

Related articles

Latest Romford News Stories

Yesterday, 10:00

A look back at the biggest local stories from this day 20, 40 and 60 years ago.

Havering is changing, we all know that, but as Romford’s MP I am determined to make sure that any changes will improve our community and not prove detrimental.

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Local historian Prof Ged Martin uncovers a stately home

Saturday, February 17, 2018

War on plastic is the final straw for Queen

Friday, February 16, 2018

Two teenagers have been arrested at addresses in Dagenham and Hornchurch following the fatal stabbing of 17-year-old Hasan Ozcan.

Friday, February 16, 2018

The Recorder wants to test your knowledge with a weekly Friday quiz featuring topics from the last seven days.

Friday, February 16, 2018

A man who was rescued from a drain in Romford, crawled for hours through the Romford sewer system, calling out desperately for help.

PROMOTED CONTENT

Window and conservatory specialist Ken Rhodes talks about the possibilities for brightening up your home for the new year, and with their home improvement finance deals it’s possible for everyone to make some changes

Lisa and Jennie are cousins who grew up in the borough. Their grandmother, ‘Nanny Fish’ was a huge part of their lives, and while she had dementia and increasing needs, she really benefited from having care in her nephew’s loving home. This experience was the inspiration for Lisa and Jennie to set-up their own home care service.

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Most read news

Show Job Lists

News from your area

Competitions

Having a brand new kitchen is something that lots of people want but can only dream of. Sadly keeping up to date and making our living spaces as nice as they can be is a costly and incredibly stressful business. Even a fresh coat of paint makes all the difference but isn’t easy or quick.

Who wouldn’t love the chance to go on a shopping spree. Imagine being able to walk into a shop and choose whatever your heart desires without having to worry about how much it costs.

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the
Romford Recorder
e-edition today

Subscribe

Education and Training

cover

Read the
Education and Training
e-edition today

Read Now