Search

Free 40-page supplement celebrating the Queen’s record reign in this week’s Recorder

On sale now

Pair treated for smoke inhalation after Dorset Avenue house fire, Romford

13:45 25 February 2013

sub

An electrical fault sparked a house fire on Friday (February 22).

Two people got themselves out of the house in Dorset Avenue, Romford. An ambulance crew treated them for smoke inhalation but they did not need to be taken to hospital.

The fire started at about 3.20pm and destroyed the building’s front room.

Were you there? Contact the news desk on 020 8477 3903.

0 comments

Latest News Stories

Yesterday, 15:43
David Efemena, 14, of Elm Park, died while on a RAF cadet camping trip in Hampshire

A 14-year-old boy who died at an RAF cadet training camp had an undiagnosed heart defect known as a “silent killer”, an inquest heard yesterday.

Yesterday, 16:29
Circuit nightclub

A nightclub that featured in the last series of TOWIE has been allowed to extend its opening hours after objections from police were withdrawn.

Yesterday, 13:45
Almost a third of applications to Havering secondary schools for entry this term came from parents living outside the borough. Picture: PA/Dave Thompson

Havering’s secondary schools are being targeted by parents from as far away as Birmingham, Southend and Brent.

Yesterday, 12:30
Fire

An elderly man’s motor car burst into flames after it collided with a wall in Aveley Road, Upminster, early this morning.

Most read news

News from your area

WW100

Click on the banner above for full coverage of the centenary commemorations of the outbreak of the First World War.

Competitions

Happy viewing!

MyOffers are giving you that chance to win an amazing Samsung 55” Curve HD TV.

Get ready to take in the beautiful sights of London from above!

Are you always seeking unique ways to see your favourite city? This one is for you.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Romford Recorder e-edition today E-edition
Family Notices 24


Our trusted business finder