Tomorrow’s London Underground strike suspended
16:05 25 January 2016
PA Wire/Press Association Images
The biggest rail union has suspended a planned 24-hour London Underground strike, which had been set to begin tomorrow evening (Tues).
The Rail, Maritime and Transport (RMT) union joined other unions in deciding not to go ahead with tomorrow’s walkout following lengthy talks with the company. But, it has said it is still in dispute over plans for an all-night Tube service.
The union has not called off two further strikes planned for next month, or a week of action from February 7, in a separate row over jobs and station staffing.
General secretary, Mick Cash, said: “RMT’s executive has agreed to suspend tomorrow’s action over pay and night Tube to allow for further consideration and consultation on the current offer.
“The union makes it clear that we remain in dispute and the strike action scheduled for February remains on.
“RMT also remains in dispute over station staffing and the week of action on that issue, scheduled to begin from February 7, also remains on, and the union is finalising the details for the continuation of that industrial campaign and the on-going fight over the threat to jobs, services and safety.”