Search

Labradoodle rescued by firemen after tube television causes fire in Harold Wood home

10:08 21 March 2014

The labradoodle was rescued from the building by firemen.

The labradoodle was rescued from the building by firemen.

sub

A labradoodle was rescued by firefighters after an old television set caught fire and its owners could not get it to leave a smoke-filled building.

Crews from Harold Hill and Hornchurch were called to a property in Shepherds Hill, Harold Wood last night after an old-fashioned tube television fire caused a guest house to become blacked out with thick smoke.

A mother and two children had already freed two of their pet dogs as they awaited firefighters but one startled pooch could not be tempted out - despite efforts from one child which left him requiring treatment for smoke inhalation.

Crews were called at 9.45pm and dealt with the fire within an hour, reuiniting the pet with its owners.

Fire investigators believe it was an accidental electrical fire.

0 comments

Latest News Stories

Yesterday, 18:33

As fireworks light up the skies above Havering, firefighters have walked out in a strike that has been described as putting “people’s lives at risk”.

Yesterday, 17:45
Enjoy firework displays being held across the borough.

Get into the bonfire spirit with firework nights across the borough.

Yesterday, 17:37

A 28-year-old woman spent five hours trapped in her bathroom after the door’s lock failed to open.

Yesterday, 14:23
The Queen's Theatre has launched a video asking people to support the venue in saying no to cuts being made to their funding.

Queen’s Theatre has released a video plea to its supporters to help it make Havering Council reconsider a proposed funding cut of £200,000.

Most read news

WW100

Click on the banner above for full coverage of the centenary commemorations of the outbreak of the First World War.

News from your area

“Space is hard and today was a tough day.”

One pilot is dead and another seriously injured after the craft exploded over the Mojave desert.

One pilot has died and another is seriously injured after a rocket belonging to billionaire Sir Richard Branson’s space tourism venture crashed during a test flight. Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo rocket came down in the Mojave Desert in California. An eyewitness reported that the craft exploded in flight after ignition. A Virgin Galactic spokesman said the […]

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Romford Recorder e-edition today E-edition