Search

Labradoodle rescued by firemen after tube television causes fire in Harold Wood home

10:08 21 March 2014

The labradoodle was rescued from the building by firemen.

The labradoodle was rescued from the building by firemen.

sub

A labradoodle was rescued by firefighters after an old television set caught fire and its owners could not get it to leave a smoke-filled building.

Crews from Harold Hill and Hornchurch were called to a property in Shepherds Hill, Harold Wood last night after an old-fashioned tube television fire caused a guest house to become blacked out with thick smoke.

A mother and two children had already freed two of their pet dogs as they awaited firefighters but one startled pooch could not be tempted out - despite efforts from one child which left him requiring treatment for smoke inhalation.

Crews were called at 9.45pm and dealt with the fire within an hour, reuiniting the pet with its owners.

Fire investigators believe it was an accidental electrical fire.

0 comments

Latest News Stories

Yesterday, 14:50
Lavender Close, Harold Hill. Picture: Google Maps

A gun was pulled during a “disagreement” between eight men in a quiet residential area early yesterday evening.

Yesterday, 12:14
There have been two fires at Suttons Business Park this year

A scrap metal blaze started by the “careless disposal” of a cigarette landed a man in hospital with burns.

Yesterday, 11:09
Goslings in Raphael Park

These pictures of a gaggle of goslings we’re taken at Raphael Park and sent in by Recorder readers.

Yesterday, 10:22
Abridge Road, Chigwell. Picture: Google Street View

Police are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist died following a crash on Sunday.

Most read news

News from your area

WW100

Click on the banner above for full coverage of the centenary commemorations of the outbreak of the First World War.

Competitions

You could take in stunning views of London over brunch at the Sky Garden

Celebrate lighter, brighter days with the chance of winning an indulgent brunch for two with a bottle of bubbles at Darwin, the cool and casual brasserie 36 floors up at Sky Garden.

Time to experience the dizzy heights of London's tallest attraction!

Morgan Pryce, commercial property experts based in London are offering one lucky reader the chance to win a pair of tickets to The Shard viewing platform in the city itself.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Romford Recorder e-edition today E-edition
Family Notices 24


Our trusted business finder