Search

Labradoodle rescued by firemen after tube television causes fire in Harold Wood home

PUBLISHED: 10:08 21 March 2014 | UPDATED: 15:09 21 March 2014

The labradoodle was rescued from the building by firemen.

The labradoodle was rescued from the building by firemen.

sub

A labradoodle was rescued by firefighters after an old television set caught fire and its owners could not get it to leave a smoke-filled building.

Crews from Harold Hill and Hornchurch were called to a property in Shepherds Hill, Harold Wood last night after an old-fashioned tube television fire caused a guest house to become blacked out with thick smoke.

A mother and two children had already freed two of their pet dogs as they awaited firefighters but one startled pooch could not be tempted out - despite efforts from one child which left him requiring treatment for smoke inhalation.

Crews were called at 9.45pm and dealt with the fire within an hour, reuiniting the pet with its owners.

Fire investigators believe it was an accidental electrical fire.

0 comments

Latest Romford News Stories

A man appeared in court on Monday charged with grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent.

11:48

A father enjoyed a pleasant surprise when he took his family on a day out to Woburn Safari Park and was given the VIP treatment for becoming the park’s 20 millionth visitor.

Havering’s A&E department has been given £1million from the Department of Health (DoH), to continue a pioneering project to cut waiting times.

Yesterday, 17:32

A nurse who had never before competed in a race let alone a marathon has raised more than £2,100 for Richard House Children’s Hospice.

Yesterday, 12:50

In an attempt to save lives and deter drivers from breaking speed limits, new sentencing guidelines came into effect yesterday.

Yesterday, 12:00

With obesity in adults and children continually rising, concerns abound not only as to the content of the food we are eating, and how active we are, but also to the medical conditions which can come on as a result.

Yesterday, 11:21

As the dust settles on the London Marathon and participants tend to their aches and pains now is the time to acknowledge the charitable efforts of Havering’s many runners.

Yesterday, 10:16

Major refurbishment works costing more than £1.5million have begun at a leisure centre to improve its facilities.

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Most read news

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

News from your area

Competitions

Having a brand new kitchen is something that lots of people want but can only dream of. Sadly keeping up to date and making our living spaces as nice as they can be is a costly and incredibly stressful business. Even a fresh coat of paint makes all the difference but isn’t easy or quick.

Who wouldn’t love the chance to go on a shopping spree. Imagine being able to walk into a shop and choose whatever your heart desires without having to worry about how much it costs.

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the
Romford Recorder
e-edition today

Subscribe

Education and Training

cover

Read the
Education and Training
e-edition today

Read Now