June 18 2013 Latest news:
Ramzy Alwakeel, Reporter
Monday, January 28, 2013
How many firefighters does it take to change a light bulb?
Ten firefighters from Hornchurch and Harold Hill were called after an overheating strip light sparked a fire scare at Harold Wood Primary School on Friday (January 25).
The call came at about 3.30pm – after the children had gone home – when the strip light burnt out, singeing ceiling tiles and giving off a burning smell.
But it caused no further damage and the two crews only ended up opening some windows before leaving the Recreation Avenue school.