May 21 2013 Latest news:
Sunday, February 17, 2013
The more attention you pay to your skin, the more supple it is.
Regular massage can even help diminish those cellulite dimples that just don’t seem to shift - kneading the skin helps increase circulation, which lessens the lumps.
Karen Bevan-Brown, Liz Earle treatments expert, recommends following this five-step toning massage, using a product like Liz Earle’s Energising Hip and Thigh Gel (£17.75, uk.lizearle.com), to help reduce the dreaded orange-peel effect.
- Apply your body cream or gel with firm sweeping movements, using alternate hands from knees to hips, making sure to cover all the problem areas.
- Finish by sweeping towards your groin area to help encourage lymphatic drainage.
- Using your fingertips, perform circular movements, concentrating on areas that feel sluggish.
- Follow with a slightly deeper massage technique. Clench your fists and use your knuckles to perform circular upward and outward movements - this is great for the hips, thighs and bottom.
- Finish by using alternate clenched fists to lightly pound the outer thighs. This helps to stimulate the area and break down any build-up of waste.