Search

Police release images of men seen at Brentwood station at the time of ‘knuckleduster’ assault

15:07 26 March 2014

The BTP wish to speak to this man in connection with a Brentwood station assault. Picture: Essex Police

The BTP wish to speak to this man in connection with a Brentwood station assault. Picture: Essex Police

Archant

Police have released CCTV pictures of a group of six men they wish to speak to in connection with a “knuckleduster” attack at Brentwood station.

The 20-year-old victim, from Brentwood, was left with a cut above his eye after the attack just before 6pm on March 6.

See the picture gallery to the right.

The investigating officer, Det Con David Bishop, said: “[The victim] was initially approached in the booking hall area of the station by one young man.

“He was then followed onto platform three by the same man who had been joined by five others.”

The victim was then struck by at least two of the group.

The officer continued: “The victim described being hit by one of the men with what he believed may have been a knuckleduster.

“This was a frightening assault that left the victim requiring hospital treatment.

“I’d urge anyone who was at the station at the time of the incident, or who recognises any of the men pictured to please get in touch.”

Anyone with information should contact the British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting “LNA/B8 of 13/03/14” or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Latest News Stories

Yesterday, 18:33

As fireworks light up the skies above Havering, firefighters have walked out in a strike that has been described as putting “people’s lives at risk”.

Yesterday, 17:45
Enjoy firework displays being held across the borough.

Get into the bonfire spirit with firework nights across the borough.

Yesterday, 17:37

A 28-year-old woman spent five hours trapped in her bathroom after the door’s lock failed to open.

Yesterday, 14:23
The Queen's Theatre has launched a video asking people to support the venue in saying no to cuts being made to their funding.

Queen’s Theatre has released a video plea to its supporters to help it make Havering Council reconsider a proposed funding cut of £200,000.

Most read news

WW100

Click on the banner above for full coverage of the centenary commemorations of the outbreak of the First World War.

News from your area

“Space is hard and today was a tough day.”

One pilot is dead and another seriously injured after the craft exploded over the Mojave desert.

One pilot has died and another is seriously injured after a rocket belonging to billionaire Sir Richard Branson’s space tourism venture crashed during a test flight. Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo rocket came down in the Mojave Desert in California. An eyewitness reported that the craft exploded in flight after ignition. A Virgin Galactic spokesman said the […]

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Romford Recorder e-edition today E-edition