Abandoned scooter catches fire after being left outside Romford resident’s home
PUBLISHED: 15:58 11 January 2018
An abandoned scooter caught fire outside a house after it was dumped in an alleyway.
Janice Shepherd, 63, from Oldchurch Road, Romford, discovered that an abandoned scooter in the alleyway behind her house, had caught fire at around 1.30pm on January 8.
Janice’s son, Vincent Shepherd noticed that the scooter had been dumped at the back of her home, a couple weeks ago.
She told the Recorder: “If the fire had spread to any of the other cars parked in that area, it could have been a lot worse. My son’s car now has smoke damage from the fire.
“I’m upset because I know how it much costs to call out two fire engines to come down here and put out a fire that could have been prevented.”
A spokeswoman from the London Fire Brigade explained that they sent two fire engines to the scene and were able to get the fire under control within ten minutes.