October 1 2014 Latest news:
Thursday, April 24, 2014
New programme provides support for grassroots clubs
The Football Association are looking to appoint up to 250 ‘Club Mentors’ on a self-employed basis to support local County Football Associations across the country, with ten positions available in Essex for applications by Friday, May 2.
Club Mentors will work with FA Charter Standard Clubs or specific target groups on a part-time basis, and will each provide 100 hours of mentoring support across a 12-month period. Mentors will provide quality, targeted assistance which challenges coaches to excel in their work and enhance coaching standards nationally. The aim of the programme is to:
● Support the development of coaches in grassroots football
● Work with clubs to identify the needs of coaches
● Mentor and help coaches working in FA Charter Standard Clubs
● Oserve, provide feedback and create action plans for clubs and individuals
● Develop and deliver a programme of support incorporating the FA ‘4-Corner’ Model
● Support coach development, focusing upon knowledge, skills and attributes
● Instil and develop reflection skills
● Develop individual, club-based events to support the learning of coaches
The mentoring programme will meet the needs of coaches at a local level, promoting and cascading the principles of the FA ‘Future Game’ document, as well as linking with the Respect Programme. Applications are sought from coaches with the right credentials, knowledge, skills and attributes to provide mentoring opportunities for coaches working within Charter Standard Clubs, ‘BAME’ coaches, females and coaches with a disability.
Interviews are scheduled to take place within the regions from the beginning of June 2014 onwards. Following the interview, successful candidates accepted as FA Club Mentors will be required to attend a two-day training and familiarisation session at a centralised location within their region (for which no fee will be payable). This induction will be taking place between Saturday 5 July and Friday July 20.
If you wish to be considered for one of the Coach Mentor positions, please complete the application form available at essexfa.com and return it, together with your CV, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic applications will be accepted. Unfortunately, The FA will not be able to respond to everyone individually so, if you do not hear from them by Friday 30th May, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.